Skip to main content

Post 3 Day Diet Weekend Activities

As of today, 3 days after I completed the first round of the 3 Day Diet, I have a net 5 weight loss. That is my goal for every 4 days off that I do this, to lose a total of 5 pounds in the 7 days (3 diet, 4 off). So far, I'm on track and I hope to stay that way. 

This weekend went really well overall for the healthier eating and maintaining the weight I'd lost. 

Friday was my first day off and I went to Chipotle with some work friends! I love eating out and they have a really good salad option. My boyfriend and I had talked about me going out the night before and we calculated the calories at their website. Which honestly, is a really cool feature. So I only had about 550-600 calories when I went out to lunch. That is such a small amount for a fast food restaurant, eating out in general, and a hearty, well balanced meal that really hits the spot. That night my boyfriend and I went to get a free doughnut! It was National Doughnut day or something, so we went to pick one up. We walked 2.5 miles to count as one of our activities and to counteract the deliciousness that was probably more calories than my lunch. Then my sister and brother-in-law came over for swimming after our pizza dinner. We really watched what we were eating and although it wasn't the healthiest, we made sure to exercise, eat reasonable portions and not overdo it.

Saturday was a really good day overall. I was still net 7 at this point and we had a light, healthy breakfast of egg sandwiches. Later I went shopping with my sister and we didn't really have anything else to eat until we went to lunch/dinner with our friends. I had some fairly decent Pad Thai and lemonade, then we went on a long walk to ice cream and only had some tasty air popped popcorn that has about 250 calories for a gigantic bowl! 

Sunday was wonderful. I woke up to breakfast in bed, a couple servings of bacon (my boyfriend makes the BEST bacon) and an apple to share. It was delicious and refreshing. Then we went swimming with my sister and bro-in-law again. They brought over cupcakes (YUM!) and we headed off to go roller skating using our Groupon, which also got us some pizza too. 

We ended up stopping along the way for an early dinner at a burger joint that they hadn't been to, which was supposed to be really good. I went with a milkshake since a burger was both expensive and, from past experience, not worth it. For the record, the milkshake was not a good alternative. It had too much cream and sugar to be healthy and we'd already had a few cupcakes. I didn't need the sugar and I shouldn't have caved in so easily. We still had pizza waiting for us at the skating rink. Plus the double fast food dinner option really put a dent in my overall weight loss. It's hard to lose or even maintain your weight when your eating out multiple times a day, especially really greasy, unhealthy foods like that.

Skating was AWESOME. It was super fun, really tiring and a really different. It was nice to mix up all the other workouts and activities we normally do. We got a good deal too, since it included dinner and it was only $13 for a couple with both pizza, skates, drink and admission included. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Day/Military Diet

I realize that this is a "fad diet". But I'm going to try it. It's only for 3 days for one thing. If it doesn't work, ok. If it does, then I can use it as a tool to kickstart my weight loss and/or metabolism and then continue eating my healthier eating habits to continue losing weight.  UPDATE: Here is the link to my RESULTS :)  The diet is as follows (with no exceptions or substitutions supposedly, although there are multiple versions of the 3 day diet):  Day 1 Breakfast Black coffee or tea with Stevia 1/2 grapefruit or juice 1 slice toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter Lunch 1/2 cup of tuna 1 slice toast Black coffee or tea with Stevia Dinner 3 ounces of lean meat or chicken (any kind) 1 cup green beans 1/2 banana 1 apple 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream Day 2 Breakfast 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana Lunch 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda crackers Dinner 2 beef/turkey hot dogs 1 cup broccoli 1/2 cup c

Military 3 Day Diet- RESULTS

Good MORNING! So the results are in! But before I get to them, I want to summarize the whole experience. Overall, this is a really satisfying, easy diet. It is convenient and quick. It fills you up with a variety of foods, all with different nutritional pluses and there is plenty of sweet, meat, and crunchiness for everyone's needs!  It is only 3 days long, so the commitment isn't hard, even for the commitment-phobes out there. Plus, it has ICE CREAM!! How can you go wrong? Even the bad stuff isn't that bad, or only for a meal or two. The next time or two I do it (because I will do it again), then I'll be tweaking it just a little. Chicken here instead of tuna, or replacing a meal with one from the day before. I will see how  well it works and post my results as well.  After you finish the 3 day part, you have 4 other days until you can do it again. Which honestly makes a ton of sense. Even though you may not be feeling hungry, your body isn't meant to f

3 Day Diet-Day TWO

WOOO! Day TWO is over! It went just as well as day one, though I had some serious concerns for the later part of the day. Breakfast- piece of cake! I LOVE fried eggs, and this egg meal was no restrictions on how you cooked it! I used a little non-stick spray, salt, pepper and a breakfast from heaven was created :) 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana It was really yummy and easy! I loved it. And of course it was filling. Eggs are like the super food of the WORLD. I am always so satisfied after I eat one. Especially on toast, with a banana. For lunch, I was seriously apprehensive. I DO NOT eat hard boiled eggs. They really gross me out. Too many summer barbecues with them left out for hours. I get really weird about perishables left out for too long and eating them. I can't do it.  BUT, I said I was going to stick to this whole diet. So, I will. Even if it kills me. 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda cra