Skip to main content

3 Day Diet-Day ONE

I've finished all of day ONE! YAY! I won't be weighing myself each day, at least not the first time. I don't want to get discouraged or over excited. I want to just see what the overall results are, and then to tweak and weigh each day if I do it again.

For breakfast, you get the following:
  • Black coffee or tea with Equal or Sweet & Low
  • 1/2 grapefruit or juice
  • 1 slice toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
And this is what it looked like! 



It was actually quite filling and fairly satisfying, though I still don't like grapefruit. And I need a grapefruit spoon. I skipped the coffee/tea to start and went with water, since I'm not crazily addicted to caffeine at this point.


 I started to get hungry around lunch time, so I was definitely ready to munch when the time came!

  • 1/2 cup of tuna
  • 1 slice toast
  • Black coffee or tea with Equal or Sweet & Low

It definitely doesn't look very appetizing, and it isn't really. But it was very filling! Half a cup of tuna goes a long way. I added a little mustard (the site said it was ok!) since I didn't think I could stomach that much tuna without a little somethin' somethin'.

Again, I started getting hungry by dinnertime. I could almost literally feel my stomach shrinking on me. I definitely think that my previous weeks of eating healthier and less in general had helped me not completely starve.

For dinner:


  • 3 ounces of lean meat or chicken (any kind)
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 apple
  • 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

I didn't take a picture of the meal unfortunately :( But my wonderful and supportive boyfriend cooked us STEAK! And it was amazing. I need to figure something better out for cooking the green beans, but they were tolerable. And fruit is always awesome. Of course, don't forget the ice cream! It was a perfect portion. A great way to end the day.

Overall, I felt really satisfied after the day and all the meals. I'm sure the ice cream helped, but I wasn't starving too bad during the day. And the lunch was really easy to take to work. Breakfast was a piece of cake to munch on quickly before work. Dinner was fun and easy and really really tasty.



TIPS:
  • It'd probably help to start eating a little less before beginning this diet. If you were the kind to eat a whole pizza by yourself and then go to eating this, then I promise, you WILL be hungry. 
  • I really thought making the stuff into open faced sandwiches was a good move. Eating 2 tablespoons of peanut butter by itself would be hard to swallow. Literally. It'd take me like ten minutes just for that part of breakfast.
  • If you aren't really a tea or coffee drinker- without tons of sugar and cream and all the goodies, then I understand your plight. This is hard. Starbucks has a really great "Iced Passion Tea" with NO Sweetener. Then you can add some Splenda/artificial sweetener and enjoy something colorful and summery and sweet. But ZERO calories, is the kicker here. It's a really great no calorie drink, and for Starbucks, it's really cheap.
  • I'm going to do this next time- Warm the apples and add a dash of cinnamon with the ice cream, or without. It would be so delicious!

I hope this helps you on your journey! I'll keep updating as the days progress. I'm feeling really good about it so far. And it'd be great to hear how anyone else feels about it, if you happen on this blog :)


I am posting this diet and my experience for informational purposes only! I am not responsible for anything you choose to do! Please check with your doctor before starting this diet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Day/Military Diet

I realize that this is a "fad diet". But I'm going to try it. It's only for 3 days for one thing. If it doesn't work, ok. If it does, then I can use it as a tool to kickstart my weight loss and/or metabolism and then continue eating my healthier eating habits to continue losing weight.  UPDATE: Here is the link to my RESULTS :)  The diet is as follows (with no exceptions or substitutions supposedly, although there are multiple versions of the 3 day diet):  Day 1 Breakfast Black coffee or tea with Stevia 1/2 grapefruit or juice 1 slice toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter Lunch 1/2 cup of tuna 1 slice toast Black coffee or tea with Stevia Dinner 3 ounces of lean meat or chicken (any kind) 1 cup green beans 1/2 banana 1 apple 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream Day 2 Breakfast 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana Lunch 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda crackers Dinner 2 beef/turkey hot dogs 1 cup broccoli 1/2 cup c

Military 3 Day Diet- RESULTS

Good MORNING! So the results are in! But before I get to them, I want to summarize the whole experience. Overall, this is a really satisfying, easy diet. It is convenient and quick. It fills you up with a variety of foods, all with different nutritional pluses and there is plenty of sweet, meat, and crunchiness for everyone's needs!  It is only 3 days long, so the commitment isn't hard, even for the commitment-phobes out there. Plus, it has ICE CREAM!! How can you go wrong? Even the bad stuff isn't that bad, or only for a meal or two. The next time or two I do it (because I will do it again), then I'll be tweaking it just a little. Chicken here instead of tuna, or replacing a meal with one from the day before. I will see how  well it works and post my results as well.  After you finish the 3 day part, you have 4 other days until you can do it again. Which honestly makes a ton of sense. Even though you may not be feeling hungry, your body isn't meant to f

3 Day Diet-Day TWO

WOOO! Day TWO is over! It went just as well as day one, though I had some serious concerns for the later part of the day. Breakfast- piece of cake! I LOVE fried eggs, and this egg meal was no restrictions on how you cooked it! I used a little non-stick spray, salt, pepper and a breakfast from heaven was created :) 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana It was really yummy and easy! I loved it. And of course it was filling. Eggs are like the super food of the WORLD. I am always so satisfied after I eat one. Especially on toast, with a banana. For lunch, I was seriously apprehensive. I DO NOT eat hard boiled eggs. They really gross me out. Too many summer barbecues with them left out for hours. I get really weird about perishables left out for too long and eating them. I can't do it.  BUT, I said I was going to stick to this whole diet. So, I will. Even if it kills me. 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda cra