Skip to main content

My background

Hi!

If you found this blog-COOL! I'm writing this to learn from my mistakes, to train my body and mind to be stronger, make healthier choices and get in shape. It's been a long journey for me, and I'm not the only one in my family struggling with weight issues.

Growing up, most of my family has been overweight or obese (mostly on the obese side unfortunately). While I was young and in elementary school, I was also thin and healthy! It was cool, I could climb around and wedge myself in tiny places. It made everything more fun.  Luckily as a little kid, I wasn't overweight. 

But once I hit middle school, I ballooned! I gained probably 20+ pounds. Which was a lot for me back then. I realized a year or two ago what probably happened, in addition to the raging middle schooler hormones, new friends and less healthy/balanced school meals. When I had been in elementary school, I had walked a mile uphill and a mile downhill every day. I stopped once I went to middle school and rode the bus. In addition to all of the other changes my body was going through, I'm pretty sure that was the kicker in the crazy weight gain. After that, I steadily gained until I was in high school. Then I plateaued for a couple years and even when I went to college, I stayed about that same weight. Not necessarily in bad shape, and I was never super unhealthy, I didn't drink lots of soda or eat a pack of oreos a day, but it wasn't necessarily where I wanted to be. 

By the time I graduated college, I had gained again. I had focused on graduating early and stopped caring about most anything else. Which was pretty dumb in hindsight, since graduating early only got me depressed since I had moved home with my parents and worked minimum wage and hardly any hours for the better part of a year. I gained more weight again and reached my all time high at that point. Once I got my real job, a career maybe even, then I lost some and was on the right track again. But then I gained again.

And the roller coaster continued. 

My family has struggled with it, my sister, grandparents, parents, aunt and uncle, my brother until he got into the military :p I don't want to deal with the health problems that I see them deal with now. I want to be able to do all the fun things I want! And I mostly can, but not quite everything. Plus being big isn't comfortable. Everything is made for people thinner than me! Swings, airplane seats, all kinds of stuff. And the scariest part, I'm about the middle of way for women's sizes.... There is the better part of an entire country that is bigger than I am. I have a hard time shopping for clothes. I don't have any idea where they go! It always confuses me and scares me. It is a struggle I don't want anymore.

I'm finally done. I honestly cannot gain any more weight. I can't fit into the last set of clothes I bought and I refuse to buy another wardrobe. I refuse. 

So now I'm doing what I can to make healthier life choices consistently, start a diet that is both sustainable for at least the next couple months and easy, and to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and train and strengthen my body. 

Here is my journey....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Day/Military Diet

I realize that this is a "fad diet". But I'm going to try it. It's only for 3 days for one thing. If it doesn't work, ok. If it does, then I can use it as a tool to kickstart my weight loss and/or metabolism and then continue eating my healthier eating habits to continue losing weight.  UPDATE: Here is the link to my RESULTS :)  The diet is as follows (with no exceptions or substitutions supposedly, although there are multiple versions of the 3 day diet):  Day 1 Breakfast Black coffee or tea with Stevia 1/2 grapefruit or juice 1 slice toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter Lunch 1/2 cup of tuna 1 slice toast Black coffee or tea with Stevia Dinner 3 ounces of lean meat or chicken (any kind) 1 cup green beans 1/2 banana 1 apple 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream Day 2 Breakfast 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana Lunch 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda crackers Dinner 2 beef/turkey hot dogs 1 cup broccoli 1/2 cup c

Military 3 Day Diet- RESULTS

Good MORNING! So the results are in! But before I get to them, I want to summarize the whole experience. Overall, this is a really satisfying, easy diet. It is convenient and quick. It fills you up with a variety of foods, all with different nutritional pluses and there is plenty of sweet, meat, and crunchiness for everyone's needs!  It is only 3 days long, so the commitment isn't hard, even for the commitment-phobes out there. Plus, it has ICE CREAM!! How can you go wrong? Even the bad stuff isn't that bad, or only for a meal or two. The next time or two I do it (because I will do it again), then I'll be tweaking it just a little. Chicken here instead of tuna, or replacing a meal with one from the day before. I will see how  well it works and post my results as well.  After you finish the 3 day part, you have 4 other days until you can do it again. Which honestly makes a ton of sense. Even though you may not be feeling hungry, your body isn't meant to f

3 Day Diet-Day TWO

WOOO! Day TWO is over! It went just as well as day one, though I had some serious concerns for the later part of the day. Breakfast- piece of cake! I LOVE fried eggs, and this egg meal was no restrictions on how you cooked it! I used a little non-stick spray, salt, pepper and a breakfast from heaven was created :) 1 egg 1 slice of toast 1/2 banana It was really yummy and easy! I loved it. And of course it was filling. Eggs are like the super food of the WORLD. I am always so satisfied after I eat one. Especially on toast, with a banana. For lunch, I was seriously apprehensive. I DO NOT eat hard boiled eggs. They really gross me out. Too many summer barbecues with them left out for hours. I get really weird about perishables left out for too long and eating them. I can't do it.  BUT, I said I was going to stick to this whole diet. So, I will. Even if it kills me. 1 cup cottage cheese or 2 oz cheddar cheese 1 hard boiled egg 5 regular saltine/soda cra